Thursday, January 25, 2007

Scriptures for the day!

On the internet adoption support group that we belong to someone started a thread entitled, "Bible verse if feeling overwhelmed". She started this thread because she said that many days she wakes up and says to herself, "what am I doing?". I have to admit that this is something I have caught myself saying as well. The thought is fleeting and usually all if takes is for me to look around and see the wonderful life that I have been blessed with. In doing so I am usually overtaken by the feelings of gratitiude to our Savior and the reassuring feeling that God has a plan for each of us. He has blessed our family with so much and in return we are able to turn and help another. The amazing thing about this process is that it goes in a full circle, as we have walked down this road I marvel how much our lives are being blessed with the knowledge and understanding of others needs. I would like to share a few of my forum friends thoughts with you.

First thought:Ran across this as I was searching for some comfort during a "What are we doing?!?" moment. From Psalms: ...and whenI cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul.


2nd thought:Thanks for posting that, Heather. A verse Cindy N. shared with me is: Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Scripture can be such a source of comfort,strength, and encouragement
These verses helped me get through yesterday and are helping me today. I can only imagine that I'm not the only one who has ever felt this way.

Colossians 1:29 To this end I labor, struggling with all His energy, which so powerfully works in me.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;do not be dismayed, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you;I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

3rd thought: What a great verse!When I am feeling overwhelmed and like I am am going to burst from the wait, I remember this verse:Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I find comfort in the fact that GOD is in control and I can relax again. Even though I don't know who my baby is yet, God knows

As for me (Jill Frasier)I am most moved by song, so today I will leave you with my favorite Sunday hymn!


Because I have been given much, I too must give; Because of thy great bounty, Lord, each day I live.I shall divide my gifts from thee With every brother that I seeWho has the need of help from me.

Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care,I cannot see another's lack and I not shareMy glowing fire, my loaf of bread, My roof's safe shelter over-head, That he too may be comforted.

Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord,I'll share thy love again according to thy word.I shall give love to those in need; I'll show that love by word and deed:Thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed!

No comments: