Sunday, June 10, 2007

We are home and settled in.



Well it has been a month since we have been home and my BLOG has suffered miserably. Little Adam Girum has settled in so nicely. The plane trip home was SOOOOOO long . However he pretty much slept the entire time. When we arrived home the kids had made a cute sign on the garage and my sisters and parents were at the airport. It was a so nice to have the support of all of the people that we love.

We spent the first week getting aclamated to having a baby in the house again. It was so much fun. Even Audrey our three year old seemed to being enjoying him. However, she is still getting mad when we try to call him Adam. She reminds us that his name is Girum.

We have been to visit several doctors and down so much blood work I felt bad for the little guy. However, it appears that he is pretty healthy. So life in the real world is settling in. I had not anticipated having so much help from the older kids. I will set little Adam down and turn around and he is gone. I do not think he is getting any floor time and appears to be loving every minute of it.

I think the most difficult thing about returning from Africa is coming back into the land of PLENTY. I found myself unable to drive down the street the first week without crying. The images that I saw are forever burned into my mind. Specifically a few that I talked about earlier. The woodcutter with the infant on her back that was walking 10 miles up a road to get wood to sell and then walking back down the road to earn maybe $1.50.


The beautiful children who wanted to much to just get a few minutes of our attention. They were so happy and excited to talk english. In particular a little girl who wanted the map I had brought. Which after finding there was no one to meet us in Hosanna we gave it to her. She was so excited to have it. I am posting a picture of her and her friend.



The children, the children, the children. I wish I could have captured the smell. Without it these are just pictures. They wanted to be so close and I wanted to give them all hugs and love them. However, mostly I had a difficult time breathing. It is pretty obvious in Hosanna that a bath is a luxury. However, there smiles seemed to take care of that.





<

One thing that is real is how blessed we felt to have such an amazing traveling group. It is so comforting to go through the process with others that are in the same place as you. Although we just met these people. They will forever be our friends.



I must sign off now. Today we are blessing Adam Girum in church and I must go get ready. I will post pictures of that soon. As well as the 500 other pictures I took. I have been working on getting them on a slide show format that does not take years to upload like the other things I have on this BLOG.

See you soon!
If you want to turn off the sound so you can hear any of the you tube videos below, simply click in the lower left corner of the video below (the little icon that looks like a speaker). This will turn it on and off.
BELOW ON THE LITTLE ROCK YOU VIDEO-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so glad to get the new pictures! Could you hear all of our oooohs and aaaahs all the way from Atlanta? Bet you could. He is sooooo beautiful, and fits right in with the rest of the beautiful Frasier kids. What a blessed family. We'd love to have a "real" picture so Mom can put in her purse. Please send me one at my email. I think the whole town knows about our little Girum. We love you all and hugs to you. Auntie Pam and Grandma Wanda

Deb said...

Jill: Wow, what an amazing journey. Girum is absolutely gorgeous or should I say handsome! I can't wait to hear more stories. It sounds like you are settling in nicely. We will hope for a large "batch" of referrals on the 15th! Have a wonderful day!

Tarah said...

Adam is so cute. It seems forever ago that we were talking about bottles over the phone. I am so glad you had a good group, it makes a huge difference! Your family looks truly blessed!
Tarah